Tsukumo Akihabara Headquarters
Tsukumo is one of Akihabara’s largest computer retailers. They have been in business for over 20 years and now have several shops located around the neighbourhood. The Tsukumo Akihabara Headquarters are actually 3 different buildings which are located adjacent to each other and named Headquarters I, II and III. By combining them all, they form a massive 10 floor building with thousands of computer related items being sold. Definitely, this is one of the most interesting places to visit in Akihabara for computer enthusiasts.
The product range sold in each of the three headquarters varies greatly from one to the other, so it’s best to take a look at what each of them has to offer when planning a visit.
The first Tsukumo Headquarters entrance is located on the smaller alley, around the corner if you come from the Headquarters II or II, just in front of the Star Kebab Takeaway stall. It’s the biggest of the three, with a total a total of 6 floors, and it’s entirely dedicated to general consumer oriented computers and computer accessories. Their product lineup is the following:
- BF: PC Parts Floor. The basement floor is dedicated to parts, such as motherboards, CPUs and graphic cards, for DIY computers.
- 1F: Computer Floor. Here you will find pre-assembled computers (not by parts) from different brands, both desktop and laptop models, as well as Apple Macintosh models.
- 2F: Monitor Kingdom. This second floor is mostly dedicated to LCD screens, but also features gaming devices, such as high performnace keyboards and mouses, as well as sound cards and video capture devices.
- 3F: Case Kingdom. If you’re looking for PC cases to assemble your computer, this is the place to search for one!
- 4F: Business office, not consumer oriented.
- 5F: Support Centre. Bring here your computer if you’re having any kind of problem.
The second Tsukumo Akihabara Headquarters office is the second largest shop of the three and it’s focused on selling more specific and professional products than the other two. It’s located just next to PC Useful’s shop and features four floors distributed as follows:
- BF: Server Floor. This is dedicated to professional server workstations and basically aimed to corporation needs.
- 1F: Memory Floor. Here you will find all sorts of memory devices, ranging from flash media cards to regular hard disk drives.
- 2F: Robot Kingdom. Much like VStone’s Robot Shop, this floor is entirely dedicated to robotic products. They both sell assembled consumer models as well as DIY kits and parts.
- 3F: Tsukumo Capture. The third floor is basically a professional camera shop. Here you will find digital high range photo and video cameras, as well as accessories and lenses. They also have a selection of video editing software and hardware.
The third Tsukumo Akihabara Headquartes is the smallest shop of the three, located just next to the second one. It’s also the most recent one and it’s entirely dedicated to the newer Virtual Reality gadgets: HTC VIVE and Oculus Rift. In fact, this shop is named Tsukumo VR. Besides VR related products and a showroom, this shop also offers a VR consultation counter in case costumers have any doubt.